Skip to main content

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE by ABIMBOLA ADEGOKE



I got back from church on one of the Sundays in July. I was so excited at who I had seen in church…..guess who I had seen!!! It was the popular comedian, Bovi, he sat very close to where I was and all I could do was imagine Bovi on stage as he did his thing. He had always been my best stand-up comedian, so I took to social media and chatted some of my friends up to tell them of this celebrity I had seen some hours earlier. The different reactions of these friends can be seen below:


FRIEND A 
ABIMBOLA: Guess who I saw in church today
FRIEND A: A classmate
ABIMBOLA: Nope, a celebrity
FRIEND A: Are you serious, who be the celeb (who is the celeb), hope you don’t go to church to see celebs alone?
ABIMBOLA: LOL…I don’t ooo… I go to church to worship
FRIEND A: So who did you see today jare?
ABIMBOLA: It was Bovi…handsome and fresh
FRIEND A: Handsome ke? Ni Mr Bovi naa (you mean Mr Bovi)? Interesting! Did he come alone?

FRIEND B
ABIMBOLA: Guess who I saw in church today
FRIEND B: Church! Hmmmm, Iono (I don’t know o), tell me
ABIMBOLA: NA Bovi o ( it was Bovi o)
FRIEND B: (Surprised) Seriously! Bovi kan naa (The same Bovi)?
ABIMBOLA: Yes oo
FRIEND B: You no snap selfie with him ni (Did you take a selfie with him)?

FRIEND C
ABIMBOLA: Guess who I saw in church today
FRIEND C: (Anxious) Who?
ABIMBOLA: Bovi
FRIEND C: Are you kidding me right now? Really? That is fresh. So you did not concentrate abi, was attention on him, what car did he bring?

FRIEND D 
ABIMBOLA: Guess who I saw in church today?
FRIEND D: Who?
ABIMBOLA: Bovi
FRIEND D: LOL

FRIEND E
ABIMBOLA: Guess who I saw in church today
FRIEND E: Who?
ABIIMBOLA: Bovi
FRIEND E: Hmmmm..I’m so sure you took selfie with him. I trust you, famzer.

These were the replies I got from the five friends I told. I got inspired by their replies and I decided to produce this. You might have at one point or another confided in your friends and you were expecting them to really give you attention but all you got was the kind of response I got from FRIEND D. Never be disappointed nor distressed, people are different; and if at all you get disappointed, know that every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. Don’t always expect same response or reaction from people, this could be as a result of their temperament, environment, upbringing, personal experience and lots more. God created varieties to spice up the world. Our perspectives to situation always vary so don’t get disappointed if you don’t get what you were expecting from humans. Man is not God!! Only God has the best response and reaction to every action.


ABOUT ABIMBOLA

Abimbola Adegoke is an alumnus of the Department of English, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State. She is a writer whose inspiration is from happenings in her environment and these have at various times, served as muse for her writings. She is someone whose goal is to achieve higher and better writing skill through continuous process of learning. 

Connect with her on Facebook, Adegoke Abimbola; Twitter, adegokeabimbola; Linkedin Abimbola Adegoke.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

Sustenance: Poetry for Some One Lost Soul

I wonder how grey My life will be If not for you, A Lover that stays