Skip to main content

Mute by Mide Benedict



That Friday, everyone was spitless, yet it felt as if we spoke all at once in fading tones. Adiza, Halimat's sister wore it differently, her eyes, blood red, her tongue, twisted. Mine was twisted too. Halimat laid right there, silent and unmoving; each gaze at her drove tears out of my eyes.


"I need to leave" I said, ramming into the silence that had consumed the room. Halimat followed suit, perhaps she couldn't bear it too. "Let's jug this out". I said facing Halimat. "Why not?" She reasoned with withering smile on her pale looking face. "After all, it's Thursday as usual".

Step into step, heavy thumps into thumps and suddenly, it stopped. "Halimat!!!" I screamed as my voice echoed on.

This piece is based on a true story but character names are fictional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

Sustenance: Poetry for Some One Lost Soul

I wonder how grey My life will be If not for you, A Lover that stays