Skip to main content

MORE THAN POETRY by Mide Benedict


One day, one day
I will like Olulu
Organise an event
And like Victor Adewale
It will be that of poetry
It will be
Just us:
Not me and you
But You and me

For before me you come
And in me you come before all.
You will set your bosom
On soft grasses that bend to your
Sparking beauty
And I will set mine on your
Sentences.
You will look into my uncalm eyes
And I into yours to
Admire your soft and pure gazes
That will make me hide from
My own face in shy blushes
That elope with my dark skin
Alongside the night.
And with this..., my eyes become calm
See, on that day
I'll read my poem to
You,
You 
Will
Read
Yours
To me.
I'll listen
You will listen
I'll read
You'll read
And when we are done
You will disappear again
Till we will hold another event,
Just you and I
In a sincere serene breeze smoked by the night's
Mouth of breaths
And puffed into us in silence
As we look into our eyes
In love; what love?
The love that is more powerful
Than poetry,
But you are a poem 
To me,
Love is what inspires us
That's why it is more...
More than poetry....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...