Skip to main content

TO FEAR IS UNFAIR

See, sometimes I shimmer in fear's realm
I feel I would not get enough
Of that which I have enough
That-
I would not raise a man from the man that myself was made
That-
I would not see the tomorrow
I have dreamt of today.

That-
I would eat my own tongue
When I only wanted my voice to be heard.
That-
I would not be able to look me in the eye
And say fear can be scared too!
I am afraid,
I heard sounds from around,
Fear smelled
I saw shadows in the light of day,
Jumping around my head and touching my leg-
Their palms were warm
And when they spoke
Their voices were cold
But their words were not like handsome fire
They were like fire consuming itself
Over and over
And as they consumed, they vomited themselves
And did the same over.
And in the night, I saw thick darkness take over my sight:
'It pounds, It sounds- thick, deep, thick it goes farther; deeper'
And then I would realise
That-
It was the sound of my heartbeat
It was my sweat that smelled
My eyes were only darkened by see-through tears of hellish fear
My body was drenched in fear so much
That nothing is seen except the things unfound
Those are sometimes;
But at all times I know I have Him
Who calls fear by its name
And it obeys.
So when I do fear, I turn and say I do hear what he speaks.
It's unfair to fear when you have the one who doesn't fear.
I am Mide Benedict and I weave words at Temple of Words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...