Skip to main content

PLEA TO AN OBJECT OF LOVE by Mide Benedict


Let me be absent on my death day
And let my casket experience great solitude
For if your breath still flows and mine then goes
Then the grave shall have no home to home my cadaver.

The land of the... shall not welcome me.
I will roam only through the low and high lands
Crossing rivers, seas and dry lands
But in silence this will be forever done,
For as you be alive and me being gone,
My ghost will be like ashes poured into the sea
Which neither blows nor flows but scatters in
The skin of water and be forever lost among sea sand.
But if you set sail upon life's bidding fleet
Sailing to the place where eyes can't foresee
I shall not live a day before I leave
For me alive and you being gone
Is like green grass growing without good roots.
So live my love, please live
Live my heart, do not leave as long as I live.
But I know all these are mere expressions
Coming from a scared heart,
Afraid of leaving you or you leaving me at any point.
If we could only say bye not at twosome time but at the same
If we could only leave... only leave at the same time
Then with smile my ghost will rest in peace.
But life is nothing as one wishes,
Nothing, really nothing like one wishes.

Mide Benedict

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...