Skip to main content

And... THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD BECOMES THE world... (a short play on NONSENSE...)By Mide Benedict




To dear readers, this is the first time a play will be posted on this blog. This play is infact an absurdist play, hence every deviation from the norm of language, structural presentation (discourse space) and theatre is delibrate. Enjoy the reading!

(The stage is free of any prop)

Ist Baabu: I won't take that from you at all! You this... this...

        2nd Baabu:   Shut up!

Ist Baabu: (moves closer to him in anger) What did you just say?

      2nd Baabu: What did you hear?

          Ist Baabu: Are you asking me that damn quest....
               
                    2nd Baabu: I said shut up!

                                   (Both keep quiet for awhile)


1st and 2nd Baabu (Breaks silence): But why do we fight every time?! Let's answer that question.

         2nd Baabu: You go first.

                       1st Baabu: No, you first.

                                2nd Baabu: Why must it be me every time who goes first? I'm the first to be abused, I'm the first to be drunk, I'm the first to take drug, I'm the first, I'm the first to be fooled by the government, I'm the first tko be kidnapped, I'm the first to be....

                        1st Baabu: And the first to always shut up his and her dirty mouth!

                              2nd Baabu: Ah! again! Yeeeee! Yeeee!

                                         1st Baabu: Again what?

  2nd Baabu: You shut me up again! You shut me up again! You fool! You drunk! You drug addict! You scornful shameful idi... idio... idiot!

        1st Baabu: You see, you are the first to lie too. You were the first to say shut up and spit at me. You were the first to say I was a drunk, a drug addict, an idiot, and now you are claiming I did that first. lier! lier! lier!

                 2nd Baabu: Okay, I'm sorry, though I don't remember when I told you that.

                       1st Baabu: Okay, I love you.

                                2nd Baabu: I love you too.

1st Baabu: I was the first to lie fool! Who will love you, hehehehe. (Starts to laugh while 2nd Baabu weeps.) Why are we fighting? We never fought. Why do we do all this we do? We have done nothing.

    2nd Baabu (stops to cry) FOOL!

         1st Baabu (Boils terribly) I can't take that from you at all! You this... this....

                            2nd Baabu: Shut up!

                                        (Silence comes in)

                                              (the end)

                        1st Baabu: What did you just say?

                           2nd Baabu Shut up, can't you hear? The director says it's the end.

                                  1st Baabu: Oh, okay. It's the end. Okay. Fine then. Okay.

                                            2nd Baabu: Okay.
       
                                                 1st Baabu: Okay.

                                                    2nd Baabu: It's the end.

                                                            1st Baabu: Okay.

                                                                2nd Baabu: Okay.

        (Someone from the house shouts at both of them in an angry tone.

     1st Audience: Shut up! You two idiots and end this rubbish of a play.

            2nd Audience: (Stands in annoyance and faces the 1st audience) Shut up, I'm enjoying the play. If you can' t watch then leave the theatre!

                      1st Audience: What did you just say to me?!

                           2nd Audience: I said shut up! Any problem with that?

                                    1st Audience: Are you....

                                            (From the stage)

          1st Baabu: Both of you shut up! Don't you know the play has ended?

                 2nd Baabu: Shut up! Let them act, everyman is an actor.

                        1st Baabu:  Okay. (Speaking to the 1st and 2nd Audience) I was told to tell you as I was told that you should keep up with the abuses as I was told you both are actors, as I was told both of you are no more audiences, as I was told....

                               2nd Baabu: Just keep quiet and let them act. (The two audience have their seats.) Now you have made them sit.

                                1st Baabu: Okay.

                                      2nd Baabu: Okay?

1st Baabu: Yes, what else?

                2nd Baabu: You fool!

                              1st Baabu: Me fool?

                                      2nd Baabu: Yes, you!

                                                  1st Baabu: Me?
         
                (The whole audience in the house of the theatre screams)

All in audience: Shut up fools! It's 12:00 in the afternoon, let's observe the prayer and say Holy Mary.
       
                   1st Baabu: Afternoon?

                               2nd Baabu: Yes, afternoon. Don't you know?

                                       1st Baabu:  This is Midnight. Are you confused?

                                                     2nd Baabu: Confused?
   
                                                             1st Baabu:  Yes.
    
                                                                    2nd Baabu: Shut up!

                                                 THE END

                                1st Baabu: What did you just say?!

 ©Mide Benedict, 11-05-2015;

                                12:00am
Temple of Words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...