Skip to main content

Sorrow of a Chewing Gum


Before you leftBefore you diedBefore your spittle rubbed its last

Chewing... chewing... chewing
Around great wall of China
White soldiers standing by
With heads rubbed with cement;
I must not escape!
Such order you gave

You kept on chewing and chewing
You chewed me
Rubbing me with spittle
I enjoyed it, I must confess
I wanted more, I wanted you- don't repent
How you rubbed me with spittle continuously
Until you robbed me off all of me- then it all stopped
And you became dead- dead- 
But I alive

Before you left
Before you died
Before your spittle rubbed its last
Before the chewing stopped at once
Before I became a waste- wasted waste!
You pressed me against a bench
A bench long and brown
Residing in the room where you read and learnt
You glued me to it
Nothing more to give
Nothing more to receive
So you dumped me to deceit
And I ended up, glued to another item
It cannot give what I want
For what he wants I cannot give it.
A used, used, chewed, chewed
Bubble gum
Attached to the a long brown bench
In a room of knowledge and learning.

You're gone
You're done
But inside I burn.

My happiness runs to me
Each time another touches me with a hand like yours,
I feel, I smile, and frown.

Mide Benedict

Written on 6-02-2015 while in AUD 1, while receiving a lecture

Please add your comments by clicking on the post itself, it's an essential ingredient

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...