Skip to main content

A JOURNEY OF DOOM by Mide Benedict

'Give me a room,
i said, to the lady at the entrance,
i took the key to the room;
straight we went to my doom,
like a goat to be killed i opened
the door.
And we went in at once.'


On one lonely road you stood,
that afternoon, when the toothed
sun was eating every bit of you.
I was moved, I felt for you.
Though i was not the only one,
yes...that day some people
drove by too:
they all passed with big cars,
running like a waterfall heading
for its river.
but none picked you up,
maybe they had known,
or maybe they were blind,
or rather they were niggards.
But mercy filled my heart,
to stop my car, I knew must,
a deed my God had stamped,
to Love my neighbour in need.
A good samarithan i was,
to pass you by, a sin so
much can lead to grave.

I called you in my ride,
to seat in by my side,
you rumbled at a NO!
You said you won't go.
But I begged you with my God,
for that sun was a hell of a thing,
you yielded to my word,
stepped in at once,
and we zoomed as fast at will;

Placed your hand on my right lap,
I had to control myself,
i put your hand where it must,
but not a word I spoke to scold,
you were my passenger,
no insult must dance out of me.
You pulled up your skirt,
to show your bare sexy laps,
and pant,
they were so tempting and clean,
that I lost control of
my will, my wing and the wheel,
my heart fell for her skill,
my spirit was highly lost.
In sinful act my soul ate it's food.
Deep was that pit in which I fell.

Devil, a demon so perfect,
granted a free road to hell.
As i looked at my lefthand side,
a hotel my eyes quickly glanced.
We went straight in to the place,
not knowing my faith
I had misplaced.
She was as happy as a wife,
as gay as a morning sun,
taking hold of me
like a water in soil,
kissing me till my head went red.

Give me a room,
i said, to the lady at the entrance,
i took the key to the room;
straight we went to my doom,
like a goat to be killed i opened
the door.
And we went in at once.

As i touched her tender skin,
but a thing I saw in my hand
that knocked me out from within,
my wedding ring was there,
remembering me of my vows;
to my woman and to my God.
O! God, so i exclaimed,
O! I have put myself to shame,
a pastor I was in church,
leading thousands of souls to God,
yet this little fly perched on me
and I helped it freely
to suck of my blood.
I ran out of the room,
she held my hands again,
and once more my heart nearly
stuck but i ran out at once,
never to look back,
never to let my heart slack.
She ran after me but I ran as fast I
could.
I jumped into my car,
and drove as fast as i could.
O my God, you saved me from
such a tear,
O my wife, your fear
was highly dear.
I almost fell into my hell:
I thought she was good,
now I know she was rude.
That was a journey of doom,
a death i almost died on that
road to an earthly Hell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...