Skip to main content

THE THIN LINE BETWEEN TWO WORLDS



I walked out of my corridor: a very big one that could size four fattened cows lined up in one row. As  I stood there staring at my home, the wealth God had blessed me with, a  cool breeze rushed into my nostrils and and I felt its great touch on my skin. Soon i began to feel the comfort of the offspring of  nature that was around.
Over the years, I  had planted a lot of trees that have now grown very tall.
'Well, this breeze is something to be admired but you didn't create yourself God did.'
I  looked up to the sky, and with a heart full of thanks, I said:

God, thank you for the breeze.

I left the corridor and went down stairs, right into my living room, where I was going to pick up my car key, so as to drive myself down to the super market, which was some few miles away to get some personal materials. But I heard a voice from within, saying that I shouldn't take the car but instead take a cab to the place. That was not the first time I would hear such voice giving a similar instruction and every time I did, I would end up exhausted, yet I never disobeyed. I dropped my car key, searched for my handkerchief and immediately I found it, I walked out of the house. The gateman ran towards me and asked why I was not taking my car out and I told him that I didn't know either, but i knew all one day would be clear to me. He didn't understand but I did, so I left him there staring at me until I got out of the compound.

I haven't taken more than some few steps when two people approached, one a woman and the other a man. The man was the first to speak and he began thanking for what I had done in their lives, but I couldn't remember and when I asked,  he said I once helped his wife, who was standing with him to the hospital and also paid for her bills. I didn't remember the incident, because I had done such for so many people and taking count would certainly become a suicide for me. I told them not to worry, that it was God that helped them. They went away and afterwards, thank God. I met four other people who said different things but similar purpose and I also gave them the same reply.
On my way back home, I said to myself.
'Lord, thank you that am humble, and thank you that my humility is been used for your service. For if I were like other men, I would have denied them of my vehicle, which in turn later helped them. Thank you Lord, Lord thank you.'

When I got home, I was furious because and now decided to ask God why  He was making me go through all the cab experiences and walks, but didn't reveal to me what I needed to see.
I was still saying this when I heard a voice

'I kept telling you to go because there was a lesson I needed you to learn and I was waiting perfectly for the time to show you and since you have asked me, then now is the time.
Each day I told you to take a walk or a cab you have  continued to meet people who you have helped and they always  thanked you greatly for what you did in their lives. You always told them to thank me instead and in this you have showed great humility.'
But there's one thing you did each time, either when you got home or on your way home.'

I didn't say a word because I knew it was my time to listen and learn.

'You always thanked me for making you humble and you, like today would make reference to other men out there were rich and yet refused to be humble like you by helping the poor and going down, ignoring your status, to the level of this people by letting them into your car and taking some to the hospital.'

I knew this was true but I haven't figured out what had went wrong because it was a personal conversation between God and I and I never for once said it to no one. As I was still thinking this in my heart, the voice spoke again.

'You have failed to learn the main lesson about humility, that the moment you have it in your consciousness that you are being humble, you become less humble because that would become an act of pride...'

This is a story, but some way, some where or some how, it could be you in that story acknowledging your humility and unknown to you, you dishonour yourself with pride. Every good message to man should be taken to make a right turn,  to change for the best. You may be that person and I know you are up for change. God is the good judge not man, not even oneself can judge oneself.

MIDE BENEDICT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...