Skip to main content

HANGMEN HANGED





Gbaam!
It drops, into man’s last element
And beside that which was formerly mine
I stood to watch.



Waahum!
Man’s second element gave it a banging bathe
And Beside that which was formally mine
I stood to watch.

Yee! Yee!
They cried
Their eyes were filled with the bearer of an ancient ark
And mark of the purge between good and evil.
Handkerchiefs became their chiefs
Black gele and fila tinted their skins
Dust filled the air and like the third element
Into their nostrils it moved itself,
But they never felt it
Pain has been what they’ve been breathing in.
Their saliva was bitter than the goal of bile in them.
For beside that which was formally mine,
They stood to watch.

They shovelled out man’s first element
‘Pain has cut us deep’
‘No’, some avowed ‘pain he called to make us weep.’
They sucked their salty sea with their cheeks
Yet, vision’s gate never waited for one to die before birthing another.
All these for a coward me, they spoke
Me, a minus to the weight on man’s second element
They parched
A plus to man’s final errand and destination.

I stole it away
Yes I stole it away
I couldn’t stand it,
No, yes, I stole it away
Yes, I became a hangman,
Calling on my horsemen; defeat and complains,
On the grit of a lifeless leaf hanging for nothing on a branch:
The grit of life then was dead.

They all did
Those that back pain as children
They all spat at my face and said
Useless, waste and nothingness
Drained of such a raining world,
Filled with such a sucked soul buried
With standing feet aground
And I decided to steal it away
So they will no longer have nothing to say…

But I lied,
No, they lied,
No, we lied,
And now!
Together we cry.
For new comforters appeared at
The head and tail of life and death
Agony, as chief, loss and moans as abettors
They hanged me
I hanged me
And my hanging hanged them all
Now!
 Together we hover in between regret and grief.  

MIDE BENEDICT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...