Skip to main content

FREEDOM

By Mide Benedict 











To give this purging of heart a Fallopian tube,
With foreshadow, I shall announce its coming.

To the statue of the great thinker man have I spoken, yet more chains
And binds I got, for I have been tied down by my own ways and deeds.

Years ago, I travelled to a village far and old
To seek the words of a shaman, great and bold.

He poured down his cowry and spoke some verses,
But his gods were silent on my quest and hitches.

Then I told him to summon the dead,
Those heroes who made captivity flee in dread.

And with the speed of time, he yielded my tongue
And quickly they came, those living voices that once sang the freedom song.

First was Lincoln, that slavery King,
Who chased slavery out of America with his civil war Sting.

I asked him to show me the way I should trend,
But he shook his head and left me to my questions and end.

In despair and grief I called on Luther
The Black freedom Dreamer

To tell me how I might be free from my bond and chain
But, like Lincoln, he gave me more pain,

And at last I called on Mandela, that apartheid Lord,
Who fought bondage intensely with his freedom Sword

To help me out of this dilemma,
And like the rest of them, he showed the same cinema

Exiting the realm I caught a thought: there was but one I have failed to hallow
Into the questioning roundtable, and OH MINE! I was but that fellow.

I have chained myself to a lover’s debt who I had once vowed amity
Yet chased away without a heart to care or pity.

Now I know, till when I take my words for words,
I will forever remain in this bondage, chains and odds.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIED TO FREEDOM by Mide Benedict

Don’t hold me down L ike I’m in some cave Just like a bird flies Where nothing breathes light Through a hidden dark sky L ike an existence lost in inexistence, Locked up in a bottle     T hat only lives every day in an every minute coffin Tightened with an unbreakable cover.    Free me I said, but you brought me this! What freedom is more painful than   Eye balls without sights; faith without work like To walk on a spot;                    Mountains tied to your legs   While eyes go dark                    As you walk unmoving: In a place surrounded by light;            What a freedom! Image from : http://theadventurehandbook.com

New Song: Pillar by Geerave

Pilar by Geerave is a song comes with a special tune that matches its special praise lyrics. "Pillar" is a breathtaking, lyrical,

God and The Snail: Poetry For Some One Lost Soul

Sometimes it feels Like all is done, That this life of ours Is caught in deadly thorns: From where we cry for help in a land Where to have ears is a great taboo! But in all these... we remember...